Tuesday 10 January 2012

A New Distraction

Just what I need, something else to distract me from the important things in life...........like cleaning the house, or doing the laundry, or any multitude of C-H-O-R-E-S.

Ahhh yes, a 500-piece puzzle!  At least I chose the 500 piece one to do first, also snagged a 1000-piece one at Wal Mart.  But hey, they were only $3 each, how could I pass that kind of bargain up?  Its been ages since I've done a puzzle, unless you count helping the 5-year old niece with her puzzles.  I remember long rainy weekends at the cottage spent working on big puzzles, everyone in the family would pitch in to get it down and we'd all stay up way too late, needing to add just one more piece....  puzzles, Jerry Lewis Labor Day telethons and the cottage.  Talk about a walk down memory lane!

Managed to get a little more progress done on my latest cross stitch project as well, Lizzie Kate's 6 Fat Men progresses despite the fact I apparently have forgotten how to count and I've got just over an inch of fabric on the bottom edge of the project.  Guess that scratches framing it once it's done, but hey, it might look cuter as a wall hanging, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment