Saturday 7 January 2012

First Finish of 2012

Ta Da!  Here's the first official finish of 2012 and I couldn't be happier with it!  Thought about doing  all the designs on one piece of fabric but really don't have anything large enough so I decided to do them separately.  Can always go back and do them again when I find the perfect piece of fabric to do them all as one large project.

Of course once I got this one done, I had a serious bout of start-itis.  I worked a little on Snowflake Serenade, then put that to the side to work on BBD's Raise A Glass of Cheer.  I've had that one for a few years and thought it might be the perfect January project but the colors just aren't doing anything for me, plus I'm not sure I have enough thread to do the whole thing so yup, that one went into the started but not finished heap too.  Finally settled on Lizzie Kate's 6 Fat Guys.  But even that had its problems, started it on one color fabric and then decided the white wasn't showing that well, and considering white is one of the main colors, I scrapped that and started again on a darker piece of fabric.  Good news, I love it, and I'm actually making some progress on it.  Whew! Maybe that will turn out to be happy dance #2 for the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment