Wednesday 5 September 2012

UGH

                                                                  

Here's Little Miss Sunflower by Little House Needleworks all completed.  And the UGH is because I saved the house (the largest amount of stitching) to do until last.  I stayed up until the wee hours last night trying to get it completed, I could have sworn it was supposed to be done in a lighter color but I doublechecked the legend and nope, I was using the right color.  Did I bother to check the cover pic, nope!  I can read!  Its the right color.  Soooooooooooooooo I continued stitching away with DMC 950 even though I thought it looked a little too pink.  But hey, I didn't design it and the legend told me I was using the right color.

I finished it tonight, all proud of myself.  And as I took it off the Q-snaps revealing Little Miss Sunflower herself I noticed the vast difference between her apron and the house color.  Sooooooooooooooooo this time I grabbed the cover pic and had a look.........

And discovered I stitched the WHOLE HOUSE IN THE WRONG COLOR. Its not supposed to be done in DMC 950 its supposed to be done in ECRU.  It is too pink considering its supposed to be basically off white.  ARGH!

That'll teach me to doublecheck, turns out the symbol for DMC 950 was a line with a squiggle in it and the Ecru symbol was a straight line. My only excuse was it was late last night and I should have called it a night and gone to bed and finished the stitching tonight, as it happens I did anyway.

SIGH.  That'll teach me.  But I'm leaving it for now. I got some new stash yesterday and I want to start one of these designs.   I ordered them from a new ONS to me: Stitch and Frog,   I can't say enough about the service and quick delivery.  Usually it takes a minimum of two weeks for any orders to get to me up here in the Great White North but I got this order from Marty in just over a week, whoo hooo!  You can be sure I'll be ordered from her again and if any of you are looking for a well stocked ONS that offers great service I'd recommend Stitch and Frog to anyone!

'Thomas' is calling to me and you can bet I'll be double and TRIPLE checking every time I have to pull out another color of floss!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, UGH is right! But, in my opinion, I think your pink-ish colored house is very sweet. It has a certain charm to it, wouldn't you say? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi, I think that's the way I'm going to look at it too LOL. Really not in the mood to re-stitch it. I want to move on to a new project, I've got start-itis this week in a big way hehehe!

    ReplyDelete