Thursday 13 September 2012

Signs of Autumn




Started a new project from the British Cross Stitcher magazine.  Eventually it will be a couple of flamingos and I'm going to make it into a wall hanging.  Not sure which room it will end up on, but its super brightly colored and I can't wait to see it all completed.


EEK!  Are those fall leaves on the ground already?  It seems as if summer has disappeared practically overnight.  But if I think back to this time last year, I guess we're right on schedule for a little fall color. I remember taking leaf pics last year near the end of September.  Really crossing my fingers and hoping we have as nice an autumn as last year, it was in the 80's in October.  The older I get the more I appreciate the warmth sticking around!



Picked up this great turkey for my Thanksgiving table at Michaels.  It was either 4.99 or 2.99.   I guess its supposed to be a sugar bowl but I doubt I'll use it as that, it may simply wind up as a decoration on my dining room table.  Love it!  They had it in several different colors including green but I thought amber was the best.






Ahhh, what a good natured dog Mac is.  Just testing out a few ideas for her Halloween portrait LOL.  She looks like she approves!

No comments:

Post a Comment