Tuesday 7 February 2012

The Forks



 Since it looked like it was a nice day out today, I decided to venture out to finally take some photos at The Forks. The sky might have been nice and blue but the wind was more than a little cold and it was really icy all around the site as well.  I was actually a little surprised that they hadn't put more sand down on the sidewalks but considering there's a lot of skating trails all around, I guess most people don't have to worry about slipping and sliding.




Didn't go down onto the Riverwalk but there were a few brave souls out skating.  I was only at the river's edge for about fifteen minutes and that was long enough to get C-O-L-D.  Brr!
Wandered around Johnson's Terminal and The Forks Marketplace to warm up, but didn't find anything to buy.   Picked the right day to go as far as crowds matter, there weren't a lot of people around, in fact most of the store clerks looked downright bored.

Was disappointed that I didn't spot more of the warming huts for the skaters.  This one was closest and I could see a couple of others down on the ice but the rest of them must be situated all along the skating path.

No comments:

Post a Comment