Saturday 28 July 2012

Market to Melting




Started off at the Farmer's Market. I think that was a popular choice with half the city.  The place was packed but compared to the last market this one had tons of vendors and tons of produce choices.




 There were vegetables and flowers and baked goods as well as arts and crafts. Not sure what kind of flowers these are, but they sure looked cool!



After the market we decided to go to Fort Whyte. Things started off great, there was a bit of a breeze and hardly any crowds.

But the more we walked, the hotter it seemed to get.  Of course it didn't help that instead of wearing shorts or even capris, I was wearing yoga pants.  Not sure what possessed me to put those on in the morning, especially considering what I knew the weather was going to be like.  Was supposed to be high humidity and high temperatures and guess what?  For once the forecast was bang on!


By the time we made our way through the boardwalk area and part way around the lake and finally to the buffalo viewing mound I was feeling like I was about to melt.  The buffalo were hiding on the far side of their enclosure and basically looked like little dots on the horizon. 

Next time I wear shorts. Or else I wait to go back there until fall.  Or winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment